PLC Technician/Programmer Position #: 6001121916
PLC/HMI Automation Service Technician
Shamrock Energy Solutions is currently accepting resumes for the role of a PLC/HMI Automation Service Technician for callout, land and offshore. Candidate must live in South Louisiana within 75 miles of our offices in Houma, Louisiana or Lafayette Louisiana. This position primarily involves the troubleshooting, testing, commissioning, design and engineering of industrial/plant, production, and pipeline PLC/HMI control systems. In this position, you would be expected to manage projects to fulfill customer objectives including the design, engineering, development, programming, installation and commissioning of PLC and HMI equipment on complete control systems.
Ideal candidates must possess the following skills:
- MINIMUM of Five (5) years of oil and gas onshore and offshore production and pipeline experience.
- Self-Motivated, Strong leadership, ambition, and communication skills.
- Proficient in managing SCADA software systems capturing real time and historical field data information from production, industrial/plant and pipeline related assets.
- Ability to work away from home, land or offshore, out of town, out of state, 12 hour days, some weekends, call-outs and overtime.
Qualified Candidates must have:
- A BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering is desired, but not required. Otherwise a minimum of 5 years of on the job experience is required.
- Possess Experience and proficiency with PLC, HMI, SCADA, DCS, and other automation platforms, protocols and systems.
- Strong PLC and HMI design, engineering, development, programming, troubleshooting, testing and commissioning experience along with some instrumentation and electrical skills.
- Proficiency with AB Rockwell, GE and Siemens programming software, such as RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk Studio, Step7, WinCC, and Wonderware Intouch
- Evaluate, read schematics and review technical documentation and design related to field asset instrumentation and automation
- Ability to lead all new installs and retrofit upgrades for any automation on new or existing wells.
- Proven experience in making adjustments and recommendations to engineers for design modifications to eliminate malfunctions as needed
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and make appropriate changes to equipment
- Candidate must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment physical, background check, and drug screen.
- Insurance-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Matching 401K Plan
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Company Vehicle
Shamrock Energy Solutions is an EOE/Drug Free Employer.
Pay is competitive and based on experience.
Sign Up In order to apply for the job you must be signed in.