Construction Electrician Position #: 6001030317
Shamrock Energy Solutions is looking for a Lead Callout/Construction Electrician to work both on land and offshore at various locations in the continental US and Gulf of Mexico. The qualified Candidate must have extensive experience in Oilfield related facilities either onshore or offshore Production, Industrial, Plant and Pipeline locations.
The Qualified Candidate will be responsible for:
- Installations of conduit, cable tray, cables, wires, fittings, connectors, etc. to circuit breakers, generators, switchgear, transformers, motors, motor starters, VFD's, lighting and other electrical components that meet the requirements of the current National Electrical Code (NEC) NFPA 70.
- Testing, troubleshooting, commissioning and maintaining electrical and electronic wiring, conduit, cables, cable tray, motors, motor starters, switchgear, generators, VFD's, equipment, light fixtures, etc.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning Single Phase and 3-phase electrical systems, equipment, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of the malfunction and correct the problem.
- Observing, following and implementing all Electrical Safety Regulations per OSHA and the Current NFPA 70E, Standards for Electrical safety in the Workplace with the required Arc Flash PPE
- Candidate must have a Minimum of (5) years of installation and troubleshooting electrical experience as a Lead Electrician on either or both onshore and offshore in Construction on Production, Industrial, Plant and Pipeline Facilities.
- Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment physical, background check, and drug screen.
- Candidate must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work 12 hour day and night shifts, weekends, call-outs and overtime.
- Must be available to travel on land and offshore, by vehicle, by boat, by helicopter, by airplane, etc.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to be a part of a high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-orientated culture.
Qualified Candidates must possess these skills:
- Proficient in cutting, threading, bending and installation of rigid metal conduit for electrical systems in Production, Industrial, Plant and Pipeline Facilities.
- Proficient in installation, terminating, Ohming, Megging, commissioning, testing, calibration and start-up all types of electrical equipment for electrical systems in Production, Industrial, Plant and Pipeline Facilities.
- Proficient and competent with troubleshooting 480 VAC 3 Phase motors, motor starters, electric actuators, lighting, Generators, Switchgear, transformers and VFD's.
- Proficient in using testing devices such as Multi-meters, Ohmmeters, Voltmeters, Meggers, and Amp probes to ensure integrity and safety of the system.
- Possess strong knowledge of the current National Electrical Code (NEC) NFPA 70, especially Articles 110, 220, 250, 344, 392, 409, 500, 501, 502, just name a few.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the parish, state and federal levels.
- Proficient in calibrating, testing and troubleshooting analog and digital I/O such as transmitters, pressure switches, solenoids, etc. end devices to and from PLC Equipment.
- Perform rigging activities and other miscellaneous electrical job duties in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of tools (both hand and power).
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift.
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, man lifts, roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Perform duties in a work environment that will be hot, cold, dirty and fast-paced.
- Able to take orders as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay is competitive and based on experience.
Sign Up In order to apply for the job you must be signed in.