Shamrock is currently looking to hire a Non CDL Driver in the St. Clairsville Ohio and surrounding areas
Interviewing Local Candidates ONLY
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Driver – Drives a truck and load combinations that does not require a CDL.
Pre-employment Requirements - Must have clean driving record. Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug tests. Must pass DOT physical.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate company owned and leased vehicles to transport and deliver materials.
- Operate trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products and materials.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations
- Operate all Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Maintain all required certifications required OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles or auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, adding oil or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Couple or uncouple trailersby changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions, using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) equipment, or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
- Load or unload trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Remove debris from loaded trailers
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat; maintains a clean shipping supply area; complies with procedures, rule and regulations and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Maintains a clean and neat storage area by organizing floor space
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Ability to make overnight runs as required by shipping needs
- Must be able to learn to operate all MHE used by the company
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- CDL not necessary
- 1 or more year(s) experience as truck driver
- Insurance-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Performance Award Program
Shamrock Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay is competitive and based on experience.