Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Midland Texas
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION:
Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets or charge slips to compute fees or charges due.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Type billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms, using typewriters or computers.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Review assigned departmental reports and make the necessary corrections.
- Answer mail or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, or procedures.
- Assist with correcting payroll issues that arise for assigned department(s). (edit report)
- Collects and submits all time sheets and vacation requests to the appropriate department(s) for processing.
- Assist with resolving billing errors for assigned department(s); including customer rejections or missing information from time sheets.
- Upload documents to the designated filing system with the accurate information.
- Maintaining all department information confidential and secure
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Timely follow-up
- Ability to prioritize
- Computer software acumen
- Basic computer skills and word processing.
- Good mathematical background
- Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
Insurance-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Prescription Drug Plan
Long Term & Short Term Disability
Paid vacations and holidays
Performance Award Program
Shamrock Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.